Saturday 30 March 2013

Today was another productive day in the garden. Cleaned another section of the flower garden and in the vegetable corner I planted Daikon radishes, French Breakfast radishes, Tom Thumb Lettuce, Pak Choi and Spinich. I know I'm early and it is a risk but I have plenty of seed and protective coverings to help them through.

In my brassica bed I did seeds for starting Cauliflower, Broccoli, Cabbage and Brussel Sprouts. They were placed under a cloche so hopefully will make it through the rest of spring. I rather like doing the "in bed" starts. It seems to be more comfortable for the plants and is easily more convenient for the farmer.

I just couldn't help myself.

Placed lack plastic over some of the other beds to help warm the soil. Tomorrow I will work at filling pots (large and small) in between cooking a ham dinner.

My muscles are soooo sore and my ankle is swollen and I'm limping when I walk...and enjoying every minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment