Thursday 28 March 2013

I thought that I would post a few photos of our U.K. kitchen garden to remind myself of the transition I'm making. These photos were taken in the first year of our U.K. residency. The gardens had fallen onto hard times as they had been unused for years. It took a crew of works several days to clear away debri and waste from the grounds but the result was worth it.

We continued expanding and improving each year we were in Cumbria but we lucky to start with a foundation of several black, red and white currant bushes, gooseberries, apple trees, damson trees and a stand of rhubarb that could feed England.

The U.K. has a firmly entrenched gardening culture and the locally sourced vegetables are a joy. The days of 200 onions are past for me but I hope to transfer the productivity and home gardening lifestyle to our new Idaho residence.

No comments:

Post a Comment