Monday 29 July 2013

Carrots!

I was thinning carrots the other day and was rewarded with some wonderful new ones that were delicious for dinner.

My history with carrots is not great so this has me very happy. I planted another row today and will probably do one more short row which should keep us happy through autumn.
These are a japanese turnip hybrid that have really performed well so far. I have them in one of the fence raised beds inbetween the parsnips and they worked well for keeping the short row productive whilst the parsnips made their slow start.

I baked a few of these the other evening and they were just great. We will see how the rest do. Perhaps I have solved my turnip problem.




My first cucumber pot is starting to show veggies. This one is already twice this size since I took this photo a few days ago. I believe I have about five showing at the moment.

My other cucumber pot, which is twice as large as this, is showing wild flowers and vine but so far no babies.

Back to the garden to plant some more green onions, etc..


No comments:

Post a Comment