Thursday 23 May 2013

Its looking a little greener :)

We rushed to plant many items before leaving for our home in Denver. Our neighbor was kind enough to water for us but as it rained often whilst we were away for the week the task wasn't too difficult.

We are blessed with WONDERFUL neighbors who like to garden also.

The basket was a Mother's Day gift from Richard. As I don't have the beautiful spring lilacs and rhodies that my sister (and gardening partner) Rose has in my veggie corner it makes a nice splash of color for this time of the year.



The first round of Snow Peas have really taken off. As soon as they are half-way up the pot trellis I will plant another round. Snow Peas are so wonderful as a stir addition or evening snack and they freeze fabulously.

The large tub holds onions. My neighbor Scott grows onions in pots and I thought I would give this a try.

My planting pot "farm". :) Its filling up faster than expected. I've gone a little crazy on the peppers but we do love them.

Next to the pots is my raspberry planter. One of the four did not make it through winter and will have to be replaced.












And something I've very pleased about. Leeks are in. These are pretty densely planted but I think with proper care, nutrition and thinning through use of the younger plants they will be fine. I've planted them the way Kenny taught me in the U.K.. Dab a hole and drop them in and let it naturally fill. It works a treat.

Now, back out for a final stroll and to admire the day's progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment