Saturday 13 April 2013

A VERY windy day here in Idaho Falls. Spent time using the push hoe and cleaning flower beds and though the temperature was a pleasant 57 at its high it was hard to even keep my gardening hat on.

Good news on the raspberry front.

Each of the raspberry plants placed last year in in their bed are showing signs of life. I was getting a little worried about two of them but they are coming through. They are nicely mulched and should continue to show more growth.




The rhubarb continue to show growth and still are pushing up new stems. I will provide them with another dose of fertilizer in about 5 days.

We are due for four days of cold weather with highs expected to be only in the 40's and freezing temps at night. I'm not sure how the seedlings I have in will fare but its a fun effort to keep them going. I am desperately wishing that Spring will actually arrive and that the cold days become a rarity. A little  more heat would certainly help generate more growth.

....and last but not least.


The Black Currant bush put in last year is doing very well. I do believe we may add another this spring.


No comments:

Post a Comment